Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Homemade Snickers and my 2 year blog birthday



Bottom Chocolate Layer:
1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

Nougat Layer:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup salted peanuts chopped, roughly chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract

Caramel Layer:
1 14-ounce bag of caramels
1/4 cup whipping cream

Top Chocolate Layer:
1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

1.Bottom Layer: Thoroughly grease you baking pan. Melt ingredients together in a saucepan or microwave, then pour into the baking dish and spread until even. Let cool and harden completely.
 

2.Nougat Layer: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in sugar and milk, stirring until dissolved and bring to a boil. Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in fluff, peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Turn off heat and fold in peanuts, then pour over bottom chocolate layer. Let cool completely.




3.Combine caramel ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. Let melt, stirring occasionally, until smooth – this took about 10 minutes for me. Pour over nougat layer and let cool completely.

4.Top Chocolate Layer: Melt ingredients together in a saucepan or microwave, then pour over caramel and spread until even. Let cool and harden completely.

5.Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, then cut as desired.

This recipe makes one 9×13 pan of Snickers Bars



* 2 years already I have been doing my blog it has been so much fun and has gone by so fast. Thanks to all my followers and all the many great comments that you give me all the time. Its great motivation to keep making mew things :) I wanted to make something yummy to celebrate and so I decided on these homemade snickers. And they did not disappoint we all loved them and they were so simple to make. I think that they tasted best on day 2 but loved them all the days we had them lol. Keep them in the fridge to prevent melting. I give them a 5

2 comments:

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)