Thursday, June 5, 2014
1. Wash potatos and sprinkle with salt wrap in foil and place in slow cooker 4hrs on high or 8 hrs on low.
* I loved the idea of these and I thought that they turned out pretty good. They tasted more like microwaved potatos to me then they did baked. They were a little soggy. They work great if you are using the oven but because of the soggy skin I was not a huge fan of these.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
1 pkg macaroni or small shell pasta1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. mustard
1/4 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
1 c. ham steak, cut into small cubes
1 c. cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
2/3 c. frozen peas, thawed
2-3 carrots, shredded
cucumber, peeled and diced
dill pickles, chopped
red bell pepper, diced
1.Prepare macaroni to al dente according to package directions. After macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Once macaroni has cooled down, drain well.
2.In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3.In a large bowl toss macaroni with ham, cheese, peas, carrots, and other mix-ins.
4.Fold in mayonnaise mixture until pasta is well coated.
5.Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight.
6.If the salad seems a little dry after setting up overnight, add some milk a little bit at a time until salad becomes nice and creamy again.
* I got this recipe from favfamilyrecipes it makes alot of salad so its great for get togethers. I love that you can add any veggies to it and anything goes.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
1 Lb. chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch strips
1/2 bottle Lawry's Sante Fe Chili Marinade
1 small - medium onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 tsp. olive oil
6-8 flour or corn tortillas (depending on the size you use)
shredded cheese, for serving
sour cream, for serving, opt.
sour cream, for serving, opt.
chopped cilantro, for serving, opt.
1.Place sliced chicken, onion and green pepper in a gallon-size zip-lock bag. Pour in marinade. Seal bag shut Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dump the entire bag of ingredients into the skillet. Cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve on toasted flour or corn tortillas with desired toppings.
* I got this recipe from eatcakefordinner I added some red peppers and corn to the mix and I thought that they were great. My kids thought that it was a little spicy but me and my husband loved them.
Monday, June 2, 2014
4 cups lime sherbet, softened
1 cup thawed limeade concentrate
4 cans (12 ounces each) lemon-lime soda, chilled (I used Sprite Zero)
1 to 2 cups crushed iced
In a large bowl, beat the sherbet and limeade until blended. Stir in soda and ice. Pour into chilled glasses.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
8 medium to large Red Potatoes scrubbed & boiled with the skins on
1 cube butter
1/2 container sour cream
1/2 lb bacon cooked & crumbled
Shredded cheese to taste
Blend all together leaving some small chunks of potatos in the mix.
* So easy I loved that you just leave the skins on the potatos makes it that much faster to make these. Could add more sour cream or a little milk to make more creamy if desired.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
1 box penne pasta (or any other shape pasta)
1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce (I used roasted Garlic)
1 (24oz.) jar Marinara sauce (I used basil and olive oil)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1.Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
2. Mix the sauces together in a large bowl.
3.Add the mozzarella and stir to combine. Then toss in the penne and toss to coat.
4.Pour pasta into 9x13 baking dish and cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. 5.Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
* I thought that this was so yummy but it did taste best the day it was made so if you have a smaller family maybe only make a half batch. The leftovers were kinda dry and did not have the same flavor.
Friday, May 30, 2014
1/2 lb. cubed ham
1/2lb Cooked Bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
2 lbs. frozen seasoned tater tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the ham and bacon evenly on the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. Top with shredded cheese.
In a large bowl, beat together the milk and eggs. Pour over the cheese.
Top with frozen tater tots. Sprinkle top with desired amount of salt, pepper and Lawry's.
Bake for around 80 -85 minutes or until eggs are set up in middle tater tots are browned and cheese is melted. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.