My oldest son just turned 8 and we had a circus theme party for him I really loved how it all came together so I decided to add them all to one giant post lol
Here is his circus tent cake that I made using the wilton giant cupcake pan. I frosted it all white and used red fruit by the foot for the stripes down the cake. Then I used blue airhead candy to go around the roof and white sixlets chocolate balls to line the red stripes. Then I cut out a hole in the front of the cake and added a clown with som more fruit by the foot as drapes around the door.
Cotton Candy Cupcakes
For the cupcakes I just used a french vanilla cake mix and separated the batter into three bowls then I added neon pink food coloring to one bowl and neon blue to the other bowl. I also added some cotton candy flavoring oil to the white batter.
Then I did one scoop of each color into the cupcake wrappers and cooked them according to the cake box instructions
For the frosting I just dyed vanilla frosting with purple and blue and swirled it onto the tops. I was worried about putting cotton candy on the frosting because I figured that it would melt so instead I made little balls of cotton candy and attached them to a sucker stick. Wrapped them in plastic wrap and tied them up with some ribbon.
For the popcorn cupcakes I made a chocolate fudge cake mix as directed on box and then frosted them with vanilla frosting then topped them with mini marshmallows that I cut three little slits in the tops and twisted them to look like popcorn. Then I used wilton yellow food mist to color them yellow. So easy but so cute.
Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes
Caramel popcorn cupcakes I made chocolate fudge cake mix and when they were cooled I scooped out a hole in the center and filled them with caramel topping. Then replaced the cupcake hole that I cut out and frosted them with chocolate frosting then I topped them with caramel corn and drizzled on more caramel topping. These were my favorite out of the bunch. So yummy.
Snow Cone Cupcakes
Snow cone cupcakes again I used a white cake mix and added a box of fruit fusion jello mix and baked as directed on the box. Then when they were cooled I frosted them with vanilla frosting and used sugar sprinkles and separated the colors with blue,yellow,and red. Then I put them into Styrofoam cups and added a straw and a wooden spoon.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
For the caramel apple cupcakes I used the caramel apple cake mix and frosting then I just used a melon baller and scooped out mini apples for the tops of the cupcakes. Then I drizzled them with caramel topping and added sprinkles and nuts. I also left some plain.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
1 lb ground beef
3 cups of beef broth
1/2 cup water
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TB dried parsley
1 TB dried basil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1, 6oz can of tomato paste
1 cup V8
2 cups uncooked shell pasta
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Optional topping- shredded cheese,cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1. First mix together the can of tomatoes, and tomato paste in crockpot.
2. Next add broth, beef (raw no need to cook it), garlic, parsley, basil, onion, V8 and salt/pepper.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
4. When 30 minutes are left of cook time, add in the 1/2 cup of water and noodles. Stir to combine.Turn crockpot onto high!! Put lid back on and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
* I got this recipe from familyfreshmeals I have a stovetop lasagna soup that I love but I really love the idea of doing anything in the slow cooker just because its so easy. And this soup did not disappoint it was great and the kids ate it up. I also loved that you don't have to cook the meat before hand. Making it that much more easy to throw in and go.
Monday, November 25, 2013
12 frozen Rhode's white dinner rolls thawed (you can also use the texas size rolls for bigger knots)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1.For the knots, thaw dinner rolls on parchment paper for about one and a half to two hours (until no longer frozen, but not risen). Roll each roll into about a 6 inch log, tie ends into a knot. Place each knot on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
2.Cover rolls with a light towel and allow to double in size (about 3 hours).
3.Melt butter. Whisk in garlic powder and garlic salt. Brush most the mixture over rolls.Leaving some for after they are cooked.
4. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from over and brush on remaining butter mixture and also some Parmesan cheese if desired.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
4-5lb beef roast
1 can beef broth
5-6 medium potatos diced
5 large carrots large diced
1 med onion wedged
1 packet lipton beefy onion dry soup mix
2 bay leafs
1. Cut up the veggies and add them to the slow cooker
2. Sear the roast in some oil in a pan on all sides.
3. Add the roast to the top of the veggies then top with the soup mix,beef broth and bay leaves.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours or until veggies are tender
Saturday, November 23, 2013
2 cups (6 ounces) uncooked rotini pasta
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound 95% lean ground beef
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons Mayo
4-5 large Roma tomatoes, reseeded and diced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cups low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
2.Boil the pasta in a large pot according to packaged directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3.In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until onions are transparent. Add the garlic and stir about 30 seconds until fragrant.
4.Stir in the ground beef and fully cook through until brown. Drain if needed.
5.Stir in the seasoned salt, ketchup,mayo and mustard until well combined. Add the chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
6.Add the cooked and drained noodles to the meat and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle the cheese across the top.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and slightly cool before serving. Top with chopped dill pickle.
* I got this recipe from bakerette I think that I used a little to many noodles so my pasta was a little dry but other then that we all loved the flavor. I also didnt add the pickles only because I didnt have any. But I would add them for sure if I made this again.
Friday, November 22, 2013
Salt and pepper
1 pound pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1-oz. packet fajita seasoning
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
3 small red, yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4-by-2-inch strips
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook farfalle until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, and return pasta to pot.
2. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Rub seasoning on chicken. Add to skillet and cook 4 to 8 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate; cover.
3. Cook bell peppers in skillet, stirring, until just tender, 8 minutes. Add chicken, pour in half-and-half and stir to scrape up browned bits. Cook 3 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in Parmesan and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss chicken mixture with pasta. Add some pasta water if mixture seems dry. Serve with Parmesan.
Thursday, November 21, 2013
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 jar (12 oz) chicken gravy
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can sweet corn drained
Salt & Pepper to taste
2.Mix gravy and soup together and pour over chicken add salt and pepper to taste
3.Cook on low for 7-8 hours The last 30 min of cooking stir in the can of corn and mix well shredding up the chicken
4.Serve over noodles or with mashed potatoes and top with cheese