3/4 pound bacon
1 small onion
4 large carrots
4 15 ounce cans Great Northern Beans
4 C water
2 bay leaves
1/4 t pepper
1 T beef bullion
3 T tomato paste
1 t liquid smoke
2 t Worcestershire sauce
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 t salt
1/8 t basil, dried
1/4 t thyme, dried
2 T sugar
pinch red pepper flakes
1. Chop up your bacon into chunks.
2. Toss them into a large soup pot and cook the bacon over medium high heat, just until the edges start to crisp. You don’t want it too crunchy, the middle of the bacon pieces should still be a bit pink.
3. Chop your onions and carrots up into little small pieces.
4. Add the vegetables to the bacon and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies are crisp tender.
5. Drain the juices of JUST ONE CAN Great Northern beans into the sink. You want the juices from the other 3 cans to go into the soup pot. Add the drained can, and the other three cans to the soup pot.
6. Add all other ingredients and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
* I got this from jamiecooksitup I loved it and thought that it was so much better then the can bean with bacon soup.