Thursday, September 25, 2014
30 min Chicken Cordon Bleu Skillet Pasta
1 (12 ounce) package bowtie pasta
2 T butter
1 C chicken broth
2 C half and half
2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 tsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
3 Tb sour cream
2 C cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 C deli ham, chopped
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 1/4 C Italian Panko bread crumbs
1.Pour hot water into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring it to a boil and cook noodles according to the package directions.
2. Grab a deep skillet Heat it up over medium high heat.
3. Add 2 tablespoons butter and allow it to melt completely.
4. Add 1 cup chicken broth, 2 cups half and half and 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Whisk it all together to combine.
5. Add 2 teaspoon honey mustard 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and some salt and pepper. Stir and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow it to simmer for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Chop 2 cups of cooked rotisserie chicken 2 cups of ham. Add the chicken, ham and 3 tablespoons sour cream to the skillet.
6. Add the cooked and drained noodles and stir everything together. Taste it and add more salt and pepper according to your own personal taste.
7. Lay 8 slices of swiss cheese over the top of the saucy noodles.
8. Grab some Italian Herb Panko Bread Crumbs. Sprinkle 1 cup of the Breadcrumbs over the top of the cheese.
9. Turn your oven to broil and put pan in the oven. Allow the cheese to melt and the breadcrumbs to get golden brown. This will only take a couple of minutes in the oven.
* I got this recipe from jamiecooksitup It was really easy to put together and tasted great I needed to add a little more salt and im not sure if I would use the panko next time but that was just personal preference I give it a 4