Monday, April 2, 2012

Dutchoven Potatos in the slow cooker


1/4 pound bacon, diced
2 small/medium onions, thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
2T butter



1.Line crock-pot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
2.Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crock-pot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
3.Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
4.Cover with remaining foil.
5.Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours (Mine cooked for about 9 hours but I cut my potato's thin)


* I thought that this was good it tasted like you were up camping. Its pretty greasy with all the cheese and butter so we just had small portions of it but was good for a side dish every not and then.We topped it with sour cream and some with ketchup like hash browns. I give it a 4 on the scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)