Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Potato Mac Salad



3/4 pound elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2-3/4 cup sour cream (depending on how saucy you like it)
1 large sweet onion ( I used half a vadalia onion and half of a red onion)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3-4 russet potatoes boiled and diced. You can leave the skin on if you like
4 large hard-boiled eggs
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
1 teaspoon mustard
Salt, pepper,celery salt and dill weed to taste. (I used between 1/4-1/2 tsp of each)


1.Cook the pasta to al dente. Rinse in cold water.
2.Cook the potatoes and dice them into 1/2 inch cubes.
3.Rough chop the eggs.
4. Mix together the sauce in a bowl

5.Add everything in one big bowl.

6.Chill at least one hour in the refrigerator.



* I was making a large batch of this for my sons party and so I am not sure exactly on the spices I would just say do it to taste. That's the great thing about pasta salads. They are really hard to mess up lol. I love how this turned out with the combo of noodles and potatos. I think it tasted great and everyone ate it up. I would make it again I give it a 4 1/2

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! You managed to combine two of my favorite things - mac and potatoes! I am in love! I will definitely have to try this recipe out asap :)

    I just followed your blog, can't wait to see what you come up with next. Yay for new bloggie friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)