Friday, February 1, 2013
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puffs
-1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
-1/2 cup butter
-1 cup water
-1/4 tsp salt
For the whipped cream:
-2 cups heavy whipping cream
-3 tbsp powdered sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tsp corn starch
For the chocolate ganache:
-2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
-1 tbsp light corn syrup
-6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp strawberry extract
Fresh Strawberries optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat the butter and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3 Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough pulls away from the pan. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is well incorporated.
5. Spoon the dough onto your baking sheet, keeping them at least 2 inches apart. If you’re feeling fancy, you can pipe them out instead and you’ll probably end up with even prettier puffs.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the puffs are solid and dry to the touch. Allow to cool completely before filling.
7. Whip the cream, sugar, vanilla and corn starch at high speed until you have your desired stiffness. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
8. When you’re ready to serve, slice the puffs in half like a sandwich.
9. Using a double boiler (or a heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water), melt the chocolate into the corn syrup and cream. Continually stir until everything is melted and smooth. Do this right before serving.
10. Fill the bottoms of the puffs with the ganache and top it with whipped cream.
11. Serve and consume.
* I got this recipe from thebabysitterbakes.blogspot.com she has a great blog go and check her out.