- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta(I used whole wheat)
- 1 lb chicken breast diced up
- 1 small green pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 2)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2.Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted.
Nutritional Facts 1-1/3 cups equals 288 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Loved this. Used whole wheat noodles. Left out the mushroom and used 12oz low sodium pizza sauce.left out the Italian season and added another clove of garlic. Simple to make and loved the cherry tomatoes in it. Great light healthy pasta. Will add zucchini next time.