Sunday, June 3, 2012
Chicken Parmesan Bake
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
2-4 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce (I used four so I had sauce for the noodles)
1/4 cup chopped basil or 2 Tbsp. dried basil
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 pkg. (5 oz) seasoned croutons (I used texas toast garlic and butter brand)
1. On the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, pour the olive oil and spread in the minced garlic cloves.
2. Lay the chicken on top of the oil/garlic. Pour 2-4 cups of the marinara sauce over the chicken. Sprinkled the chopped or dried basil over the sauce.
3. Put half the cheese (1 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the parmesan) over the sauced-up chicken.
4. Evenly spread the croutons over the cheese. Add the remaining cheese over the top.
5. Oven set to 350. Cover for the first 15 minutes of baking. Then uncover for the last 15-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Time will depend on the thickness of your chicken.
* This was a great recipe it was so easy to make and what made it stand out was using the croutons instead of bread crumbs. I did make spaghetti to go with it and so I was glad that I added all the extra sauce so that there was enough to go around. Everyone liked it I give it a 4 1/2