1 cup Light Karo Corn Syrup
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup Butter
dash of salt, to taste
3-4 quarts of popped popcorn or 1 1/3 cup popcorn kernels.
1. Pop your popcorn and remove all kernels that didn't pop.
2. In a large saucepan bring the corn syrup and the brown sugar to a boil over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil stir for 4 minutes (yes you should time yourself b/c if you over-boil at this point then you won't have gooey popcorn, you'll have a more candy texture)
3. Add butter and the sweetened condensed milk and stir until it's well combined.
4. Add a dash or two of salt, to taste.
5. In a huge bowl or you could use a paper grocery bag pour the caramel over your popcorn and keep on stirring until you achieve an even coat.Takes about a min or two to get it all coated so it does not all settle at the bottom of the bowl.
|This is about 2/3 the batch I had to put all the rest into another bowl. It make a lot|
* This was great caramel popcorn I am the type that would take chewy popcorn over hard candy corn any day. And this did not disappoint. It was still soft 3 days later. It does make a lot so its a great recipe for a party. I used my Tupperware 32 cup thatsa bowl cuz it was the biggest one that I had and it was not big enough so make sure you have one bigger then that. Give it a try if you are like me and love the chewy popcorn I know you will love this to. I give it a 5