Thursday, May 16, 2013
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup milk (cold)
1/3 Cup sugar
5 T of butter (cold or frozen)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 oz of blueberries
1 Cup of powdered sugar
1/8 Cup of water
1 tsp of vanilla
½ tsp of lemon juice
1.Preheat oven to 450F. Mix salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Add the super cold milk into dry ingredients and mix. As dough begins to form take each tablespoon of hardened butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead… repeat until all butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout dough.
2.Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thick (or to desired thickness) and cut approximately 6 Biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter.Place in oven and bake for about 7-12 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter in the microwave, and paint finished biscuits with pastry brush. Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over biscuits with a fork.
* I thought that these had great flavor but mine were more like drop biscuits. I didnt want to add to much flour and make them tough and my dough was not thick enough to cut into regular biscuits so mine ended up like drop biscuits but were really yummy. Next time I will add flour so that I can cut them and see how they turn out.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1.Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin or 12-cup muffin tin.
2.Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well.
3.Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add blueberries to the flour mixture and stir to coat. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
4.Add milk mixture and fold until just combined. Fold in the cinnamon chips gently.
5.Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes for a 12-cup muffin tin or 35-40 minutes for a 6-cup jumbo tin.
I got this recipe from themessybakerblog I also used her pic for my main picture. For some reason I forgot to take a pic of a muffin that was finished oops lol.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 C ripe mashed banana
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C vegetable oil
3 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C pecan or walnut pieces (I didn’t use)
3/4 C cinnamon chips
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1.Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, egg yolks, and vanilla together.
2.Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until the ingredients are mixed well. Do not over stir. Overstiring muffins makes them tough. Fold in the nuts and chips.
3.Fill the well-greased tins about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
Monday, May 13, 2013
5 lb. pork shoulder roast
1-1 1/2 Tbsp coarse sea salt
1½ Tbsp liquid smoke
1.With a knife, cut slits into the roast with the tip.Rub salt all over the roast and place it in the slow cooker.
2.Pour liquid smoke over the roast.
3.Cook on low heat for 16 to 20 hours, turning halfway through the cooking process.Remove roast from the slow cooker and shred.
4.Add some of the liquid left in the slow cooker to the meat until most.
* Yes you read this right it needs to cook 16-20 hours I only had a 3 1/2 lb roast so I did mine for 13 hours. I only used 1T salt on my smaller roast and thought that it was a little to salty for my taste but it up to you. Other then that it tasted great. It defiantly had the smoked flavor from cooking so long.We put the meat on rolls with Havarti cheese and some bbq sauce
Sunday, May 12, 2013
10 hot dogs
2 cans chili
1 can cheddar cheese soup
Hot dog buns
Toppings (diced onions, cheese, mustard, ketchup,peppers,tomatos etc.)
1.Place hot dogs in the bottom of the crockpot. In a bowl, mix the chili and cheddar cheese soup together.Pour the chili mix over the hot dogs.Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
*I was actually surprised how much we all liked these. They were so fast to throw together and the cheese soup gave the chili an amazing flavor.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
6 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt, divided
8 Tbsp salted butter, melted
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
3 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2.In a separate mixing bowl whisk together light-brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/8 tsp salt. Add in 1 Tbsp melted butter and blend mixture together with your fingertips or a fork until mixture is well blended and evenly moistened, set aside.
3.Measure out buttermilk into a liquid measuring cup and stir in 2 Tbsp melted butter. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms and liquid has been absorbed, then knead mixture in bowl by hand just until smooth, about 30 seconds (dough will be sticky).
4.Sprinkle a clean work surface with a fair amount of flour. Pat the dough with your hands into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Brush top of dough with 2 Tbsp melted butter then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar mixture, coming within a 1/2 inch of the border on all sides. Press the brown sugar filling into the dough.Starting on the long side, roll dough snugly and gently to opposite end. Pinch the end seam to seal. Roll the log seam side down and cut dough into 8 equal portions.
5.Place 1 roll in the center of the prepared baking dish, then place remaining 7 rolls around it. Brush tops of rolls with remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Bake in preheated oven 22 - 25 minutes until edges are golden brown. Serve warm drizzled with Cream Cheese Glaze. Store in an airtight container and reheat in microwave if desired.
In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter until well combine and slightly fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in remaining ingredients and mix until well combine. Store in an airtight container.
* I got this recipe from cookingclassy It was amazing. I am the type that if I see the word yeast I just keep turning the page so when I saw that I could make cinnamon rolls with no yeast not using a cake mix and didnt even need a rolling pin I was sold. And these really we ready from start to finish in 45 min. I can wait to try these with more filling options. Yummy
Friday, May 10, 2013
8 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
½ cup fat free sour cream
16 oz can of fat free refried beans
1 tablespoon green chilies
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup salsa
4 oz of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1.Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream and mix until combined. Spread the mixture across the bottom of a 9” glass pie plate.
3 In another bowl, combine the beans, chilies, cumin, chili powder and salt and stir until well combined. Spread the bean mixture over top of the cream cheese layer in the pie plate. Spread the salsa over top of the bean layer and then sprinkle the cheese across the top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Yields 12 (1/3 cup) Nutrition Information per serving 106 calories, 8 g carbs, 6 g fat, 6 g protein, 2 g fiber
* Loved this we added some fresh pickled jalapenos to it when it was done and it tasted amazing on chips. My kids and husband both ate it up. I got this recipe from emilybites
6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup Kraft Marshmallow Bits
2 full sheets graham cracker
2 full Hershey Bars
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x3x5 inch loaf pan generously with non stick cooking spray.
Place butter into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar until well combined. Add egg, bananas and sour cream mixing until well combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and marshmallow bits until combined.
2.Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Layer with graham crackers then Hershey Bars.
3.Top with remaining banana bread batter spreading evenly then bake for 50-55 minutes ( I cooked mine closer to 65 min)or until baked through.
4.Let cool for 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely. Cut into slices and serve! Garnish top of bread with additional marshmallow bits if desired.
* I got this recipe from picky-palate.com it took a while to cook but it tasted amazing. My kids ate this up fast. I cooked it closer to 65 min and the middle of the loaf was still a little squishy. But what was done was yummy
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
1 can of sweetened condensed milk ( I used fat free)
1 8 ounce tub of cool whip ( I used light)
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese well softened. (I used light)
premade or homemade crust
1.On the low speed of you hand mixer, blend cream cheese well until there are no lumps.Add in milk and cool whip mix again then add the lemon juice and blend well about 2 minutes of so is plenty, just make sure all ingredients are incorporated. Immediately pour mixture into a waiting graham crust( I used a shortbread premade crust). Refrigerate for an hour to and hour and a half. Top with berries (optional)
* I got this recipe from piarecipes because this was so light and fluffy I would say it was more of a lemon cream pie then it was a cheesecake. But it still tasted great.
Monday, May 6, 2013
1 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 T almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
almond paste (optional)
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F . Grease two 8 inch round cake pans, or 9 inch pie plates.
2.In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, reserving just enough to brush over the tops, about 1 tablespoon. Stir in the almond and vanilla extract. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter by hand using a sturdy spoon. The dough will be stiff.
3.Press evenly into the two prepared pans. Press almond halves into the top where each slice would be. Brush the tops with a thin layer of the reserved egg. (if you are using the almond paste only put half the dough into the pans and then add a layer of the almond paste then add the top layer of dough to the pan)
4.Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.
|we cut ours into small squares so that everyone at the party could have a sample of the cake.|
* I made this for a large party so I doubled the recipe and baked it in a sheet cake pan. It turned out amazing and everyone loved it. The original recipe calls for 1T almond extract and no vanilla or almond paste. But I thought that my add ins made it so good. This is by no means good for you but a great treat and something different.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
12-15 miniature peanut butter cups
1 box Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix
3 large eggs
1/4 c water
1/2 c oil
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c butter, softened
2 c powdered sugar, sifted
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
12-15 peanut butter cups
Melted chocolate chips for the drizzle
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place paper baking cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Remove foil and cups from candy pieces. Set aside. Prepare brownie mix as described on box to make cakey brownies using the eggs, water and oil. Fill each up about 2/3 full with batter. Place 1 unwrapped candy piece, upside down, on top of batter in each cup. Lightly tap piece down into batter. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
3.Make icing by placing peanut butter and butter into medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy; scrape bowl. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed 1 minute; scrape bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread about 2 tablespoons of icing on each cupcake leaving the edge un-iced.
4. Top each cupcake with a peanut butter cup. Store cupcakes in the refrigerator. Remove them to room temperature one hour before serving.
* I got this recipe from triedandtasty I changed a few things in the recipe to make it a little faster but other then that I stuck to the original. They tasted great.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
18-20 milk chocolate cupcakes - baked
five full size butterfingers (plus some to cut up on top if you would like)
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2-4 TBS milk
orange gel food coloring (optional)(I used wilton orange gel about 1/4 tsp)
1.Unwrap your candy bars.Using a vegetable peelers, scrap the chocolate off the bars into a bowl, set aside for topping.
2.Finely crush the Butterfinger insides in a blender, Set aside.In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Then add in peanut butter, mix until combined well.
3.In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Then add in peanut butter, mix until combined well.
4.Dump in the crushed butterfingers crumbs. Mix until fully combined.
5.Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
6.If you would like to deepen the orange color, add in a few drops of orange food coloring until you reach a nice butter finer orange.
7.Once all is mixed well and desired color is achieved add in 1 TBS of milk until you have reached the desired consistency. (I used 2)
8.Top cupcakes with icing and sprinkle on chocolate shavings that were set aside. If desired cut up additional candy bars and place chunks on top.
* I got this recipe from makebakecelebrate these cupcakes were amazing. I think that they are one of my favorites that I have made so good and so easy to put together. I topped half of mine with a mini butter finger and the other half with a mini butter finger cookie.