Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Breakfast Cassarole

1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
1/2-3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of milk
4 eggs
2 pounds tater tots, seasoned with salt and pepper

1.Brown sausage and onion tell no longer pink,drain.
2.Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 pan.
3.Spread cheese over sausage. Top with tater tots

4.In large bowl, beat together milk & eggs. Pour over cheese.

5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 40 - 45 minutes.

(Before I added the tater tots, I baked them for 10 minutes first and then put the crispy side down on the casserole).

1 comment:

  1. My mother in law made something really similar to this on Christmas morning -- she just used shredded hashbrowns instead. I'd like to try it with the tater tots! I'll have to do this one sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)