Sunday, February 26, 2012
Creamy Italian pasta with crunchy chicken
3 large chicken breasts (pounded thin)
2 1/2 C corn flakes
1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil
1 16 oz package bowtie noodles
1 10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
3/4 C milk
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs.
2. In a bowl mix the 1/4 t salt to the 1/2 C flour. Stir to combine.
3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate bowls.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides.
5. Dredge each piece in the milk and then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well.
6. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.
7. Start cooking your noodles8. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes....
or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over.
8. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes,or internal temp of 180. being careful not to burn the bottoms.
9. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.
10. Into the same pan pour your broth. Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes.
11. Serve over your cooked pasta and chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose
* I thought that this pasta was really good. It makes a ton of sauce so you can easily half the sauce and still be fine. But it had really good flavor to it. It was pretty simple to throw together and everyone loved it I give it a 4