Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Olive Garden Breadsticks



1 1/2 cups warm water (between 110 - 120 degrees F)
1 package active dry yeast
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt 

1.In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Mixture should be frothy. In separate bowl, combine flour and salt. 
2.Add to yeast mixture. Add melted butter. Mix with paddle attachment until fully combined.
3.Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth. Do not overknead!




4.Grease a cookie sheet. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. 
 5.Cover the dough and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.

6.Preheat your oven to 400 degrees . In microwave, combine the following:



1 stick unsalted butter ( I used unsalted)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoons salt

1.After bread sticks havcooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture

2.Then continue to bake. Bake for 5-8 more minutes.
3.Immediately upon removal from the oven brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
4.Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.

* These were so yummy and really did taste like Olive Garden Bread sticks. I was in a hurry so I made mine a little big but this recipe probably makes about 12-15 bread sticks depending on size. I will for sure be making these again on our next Italian night.. I give them a 5

1 comment:

  1. These are sitting in a warm place for 49 more minutes! I can't wait to taste how they turn out.

    This was so easy to follow and the pictures helped me along the way :x! I can tell these will go perfect with my first time attempt at spaghetti carbonara, thank you for your efforts and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)