Saturday, July 21, 2012

German Pancakes


1/2 cup sifted flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1.Preheat oven to 450
2.Sift flour into mixing bowl. Lightly beat eggs in measuring cup and add to the flour. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed. Stir in milk, butter, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
3.Pour batter into an 8" x 8" oven-safe glass baking dish which has been greased to prevent sticking.


4.Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove and cut into serving pieces and serve immediately while hot.


* These were so yummy they remind me of when I was young we would have these all the time growing up so I like to make them for my kids from time to time.They love to see how puffy its going to get each time. We love them with syrup,jam,whipped cream,fresh berries or even with just powdered sugar they are yummy. I couldnt believe that I didnt already have these on my blog:)  I give them a 5

2 comments:

  1. German Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast (or dinner) foods. We always ate these growing up. I have only ever eaten them with syrup, but I like the idea of adding jam and berries - yum! BTW - My noodle bowl totally tastes like Rumbi's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love these at our house too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)