16 oz dry penne pasta
1 lb kielbasa, sliced in 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp oil
2-3 (14.5 oz) cans diced or stewed tomatoes
1 large jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 red and green pepper diced
1/2 med onion diced
1 tsp oregano, dried
1T parsley dried
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
8 - 12 oz. shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mozzerella and parm)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil large pot of salted water and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain pasta.
2. Cook sliced kielbasa over medium heat in oil until lightly browned - about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine pasta, cooked sausage, tomatoes, sauce,peppers,onion,garlic and spices. Mix well all together. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta mixture and then top with cheese.
5.Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer until cheese has melted and golden.
* I thought that this was good but if I was to make it again I would just boil the noodles and make all the rest as a sauce instead of baking it at the end. I dont think that it tasted any diffrent and it would speed up dinner just to serve the sauce on the noodles as spaghetti. but the taste was good I give it a 4