Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Andes Mint Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 (10 oz) bag andes mint chips
preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add both sugars and beat until light and airy.
2. Add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time. Wait until the first one is fully incorporated before adding the next egg.
3. In a seperate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (excluding the chips) and add to the butter mixture until fully combined. Mix in the Andes Baking Chips last.
4. Chill dough for 30 minutes before portioning into 36 evenly sized balls. Lightly press with your palm to flatten the cookie a bit before placing on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake the cookies for 8 – 10 minutes (I prefer mine softer, around 8 minutes). Cool on the baking sheet 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.