Monday, March 25, 2013

Sticky Chicken in the crockpot




2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tsp fresh spices (rosemary, oregano, etc)
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion


1.In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
2.Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
3.Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
4.Add Onion to bottom of crock and inside chicken

5.When ready to cook chicken put it in the slow cooker and do not add any liquid.
6.As the cooking process goes on it will produce its own juices.
7.Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.



I got this recipe from newlyweds-blog I smelled so good while it was cooking all day and it tasted great. It really did fall apart when I tried to take it out of the slow cooker. So I did not get a great pic lol but it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)