2 cups marinara sauce (I used garlic and onion flavor)
2 cups alfredo sauce( I used paul newman original alfredo)
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup italian blend shredded cheese
1/4 cup chicken broth or water
15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (8 ounce) mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
1 tablespoon italian seasoning, blend
salt and pepper, to taste
12-14 lasagna noodles (depends on the size of your pan)
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Blend first two marinara ingredients together in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and heat on medium, stirring frequently. The cheese will melt and the sauce will become creamy. Keep warm.
- Set aside 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Beat egg into a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, blending well. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to use.
- Cook lasagna exactly according to package directions. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water so they are cool enough to handle.
- When ready to make, spread about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce in a large 9x13 baking dish. Based upon the number of noodles in your 1 lb of noodles, divide the filling accordingly. Lay one lasagna noodle in baking dish and spread with filling along noodle. Loosely roll the noodle up, jelly-roll style.
- Continue with each lasagna noodle until all noodles are rolled and arranged in baking dish. Cover each roll with remaining sauce, the remaining mozzarella cheese and top with Italian breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
* I got this recipe from adayinthelifeofnacole I thought that it was pretty good. Mine needed more time to cook to get it melted all the way thru.