Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baked Avacado Fries


1/4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt (sprinkle 1/2 into the flour save the other half for on top the avocados)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups panko
2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
Grated Parmesan (Don't forget this it adds all the flavor)

1.Preheat oven to 450.
2.Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko. Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet.


3.Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes).

* I thought that these were pretty good. At first I forgot to add the Parmesan cheese and they were kinda bland but when I remembered the cheese they were much better. So remember to not forget the cheese :) They were simple to make and were a different fun side dish I give it a 4 on the scale

1 comment:

  1. These were good, the flour is a bit overpowering. Maybe a seasoned flour is the way to go. I didn't use a rack, only parchment paper which browns them real nice! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)