Saturday, January 14, 2012

Caramel Buttermilk Syrup

1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1.In a large saucepan, bring buttermilk, sugars, and butter to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk  in soda and vanilla. It will bubble up a lot. So use a deep pan.The bubbles will go away as it cools.



I got this recipe from http://www.creationsbykara.com/2011/02/buttermilk-caramel-syrup.html Check out her blog it makes me hungry everytime I look at it.
** This is the first time that I have made homemade syrup and it was so easy and so good I am going to give this a 4 1/2 on the scale I poured my syrup into a sqeeze bottle and it will stay good in the fridge 2-3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)