Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Jalapeno Popper Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (3 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
3 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
3. Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Mix together the Panko and parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.
Serve this dip with, French bread, tortilla chips, or crakers. We liked it best with bread.