Friday, January 27, 2012

Pulled Pork Sandwiches


1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
1 can (10 1/2 ounces)  French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar

1.Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it's well browned on all sides. 
2.Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat. 
3.Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. 
4.Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker. 

5.Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.


* My family is not a big fan of pork. We eat it now and then but its not a regular in the house because we are just not into it lol But I happened to have a pork roast in the freezer that I needed to use so I found this recipe that got really good reviews. We thought that the sandwiches were pretty good I have not tried the leftovers yet to see how it tastes but it worked for dinner I give it a 3 1/2 on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)