Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Almond Joy Oatmeal

 
 
1/2 C old fashioned oats
1 C unsweetened, vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)
2 T shredded coconut, unsweetened
2 T sliced almonds
2 tsp dark chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
1.Prepare the oats according to your favorite method, stove top or microwave with the almond milk. Once cooked, stir in the coconut, almonds and salt and top with chocolate chips.
you can also stir in the chocolate so its thru the whole bowl. YUMMY
 

* This oatmeal was so yummy. It was so fast to make and tasted just like an almond joy. I will make this many times. Its like having a candy bar for breakfast but has to be healthier right lol I give it a 5 I got this recipe from cookincowgirl I love her blog.

2 comments:

  1. I saved this same recipe from Cookin Cowgirl and I was honestly going to make it last night, but I couldn't decide if I was supposed to boil the oats in the milk or just add it after? So, I didn't end up making it, but now that I know you think it is yummy, I will definitely give it a try in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...this looks so so SO good!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)