Thursday, April 4, 2013

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole





1 doz eggs beaten
1 1/4  cup milk
32 oz frozen hash brown shreds
1/2 lb bacon cooked and drained
1/2 ln sausage cooked and drained
1/2 cup diced onion
1 small green pepper diced
3/4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper


1. Layer hash browns,meat,onion,pepper and cheese in slow cooker sprayed with non stick spray. Mixing ingredients with 2 or 3 layers.
2.Mix together the eggs,milk,dry mustard and salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the hash brown mixture.

3. Cook on low 10-12 hours or until eggs are set. (I cooked mine for 10 hours and it was done)

4. Top with ketchup or salsa


* I have always wanted to try a overnight breakfast casserole in the crackpot and I was glad that I did. I think that it tasted great and was so nice not to worry about breakfast. We had this for Easter morning. Its great to wake up to a house that smells like breakfast without having to do anything :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl you always tempt me with the most yummy meals!!

    Looks so easy and filling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity, what size crockpot did you you use? I have a 3qt and a 6qt and I don't want to burn this...suggestions? Thanks! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 6qt. Good luck let me know how it turns out.

      Delete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)