Friday, April 15, 2011
Oven Fried Chicken Patties
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded ½” thin
1 c. 1% buttermilk
½ c. Bisquick
½ c. yellow cornmeal
1 tsp. paprika
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. poultry seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a resealable bag. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Combine the baking mix, cornmeal, and seasonings in a shallow dish.
4. Coat the chicken in the seasoning mixture and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake the chicken about 15 minutes, then flip. Continue baking about 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Serve on hamburger rolls with your favorite toppings.