Friday, January 3, 2014

Candy Cane Cherry Dessert



1 (8 oz.pk) Jumbo refrigerated crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
21 oz. can cherry pie filling

Glaze (I did not make)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons milk

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Unroll crescent dough and arrange 6 of the triangles in a candy cane shape on a greased cookie sheet.

3.Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg & vanilla and spread over dough. Top with pie filling. 4.Cut the 2 remaining triangles into strips and place over the cherry filling to make stripes onto the candy cane Press ends to seal along all outer edges.


5.Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Mix powdered sugar and milk until glaze consistency and drizzle over top.

* I thought that this was so yummy. The original recipe called for two cans of dough to make this but I was able to make it no problem with one can of the jumbo rolls. You do need to cut some of the dough to make the shape but it all turned out pretty cute. I also left off the glaze I thought that it was sweet enough with out it.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! All your Christmas dishes look so fun and festive, I'll need to try some next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)