Sunday, January 5, 2014

EggNog Quick Bread



2 med eggs
1C Sugar
1C  Eggnog
1/2 C melted butter
2 tsp rum extract
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp nutmeg

Eggnog Glaze (I did not make)
3/4 C powder sugar
enough egg nog to make a glaze. Add a little at a time until desired consistency

1. Beat eggs in a large bowl then add the next 5 ingredients blending well. Then add the remaining ingredients and stir just until moist.

2. Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-55  min or until center comes out clean.


3. If making the glaze mix together the powder sugar and add small amounts of eggnog until a glaze forms. Pour over warm bread.


Makes 1 loaf

* I thought that this was really good. It did not make the glaze mostly just cuz I was lazy :) So mine did not have a strong eggnog taste. I am sure that its better with the glaze. So it mostly tasted like a light sweet citrus bread. I really liked the texture of the bread also. This is great for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)