Monday, January 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Red Potato Soup



10 red potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, diced and sautéd in butter
5 cups water
3 Tbsp chicken bouillon
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
2 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 (3oz) package of real bacon bits
1 cup half and half
1 cup Cheddar cheese
1 cup light sour cream
¼ cup chives or green onions

  1. Place the first 9 ingredients in the crock pot.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
  3. The potatoes should be tender.
  4. Stir in half and half, cheese, sour cream and chives or green onion.
  5. Heat through and serve.
* I got this recipe from whatscookingwithruthie I thought that this soup had good flavor but I was not as much of a fan of the texture of the soup its a really broth based soup. My family likes more thicker soups so because of that reason I will not be making this again. But if you are a fan of broth soups then I am sure that you will enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)