Friday, March 2, 2012

Braided Spaghetti Bread


1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough thawed to room temperature
6 ounces spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 egg white, beaten
Parmesan cheese
parsley flakes

1.Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll loaf  into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes. 

 2.Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Remove wrap from dough. 3.Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough. Top with sauce and cheese cubes. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid. Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.

 4. Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.

 * So I have seen this recipe everyone online lately and was so excited to try it. I am sad to say that I was so disappointed with this recipe. Now I think this recipe still can be great with a few changes. First I will not use rhodes dough again. Take my advise and make your own dough trust me you will thank me for this advise. The Rhodes does not roll out its hard to work with. And when you finally got it the size it calls for half of the dough is so paper thin that it does not braid let alone hold the noodles it. Second it needs more sauce I would add at least 1/2 cup more and add spices and garlic.I also added some sausage to it. It was very bland as is. Also I would add some garlic powder and maybe some real cheese to the top of the bread before baking. I think that i might try it again with my changes sometime but will not make it as stated. I have heard a lot of good about it from people so its up to you. But Trust me use your own dough lol I give this recipe as printed without my changes a 2 1/2 yeah it was so bland and had no flavor. We threw away most of it after we scraped out the noodles and added more sauce to them. So sad lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)