12 Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup half and half
4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
4 tablespoons butter (very soft but not melted)
1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
1/2-3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 T half anf half
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (for topping)
1. Set oven to 350°F.2. 12 crescent rolls.
3. In a saucepan, mix half and half , 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) and undiluted chicken soup.
4. Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).5. For the filling --- (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder.
6. Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined.
7. Add in 2 tablespoons mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry).
8. Season with salt or black pepper to taste.
9. Unroll the crescent rolls.10. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
12. Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
13. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese, or amount desired.
*Good simple and easy it was a meal itself. Try it out you will like it. I give it a 4