Monday, March 26, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread


3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups

Preheat oven to 350

1.Grease loaf pans I made 3 mini loafs
2.In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3.In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
4.Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.

5.Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.


6.Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
7.Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack

* I thought that this bread was really good. My Son loved it. My other son hates peanut butter so he was not to happy when I was making it lol But it turned out great. Note that it is best eaten the same day its made by day two and three the peanut butter cups had a mushy weird texture to them. But were great on day one :) I give this bread a 4

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that's what I'm talkin' about! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana bread is an absolute favourite! :-) Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this yesterday & the fiance loved it! The first bread he didn't feel the need to smother in butter! I also used hazelnut spread instead of peanut butter & it turned out great! http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/11/peanut-butter-cup-banana-bread.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)