Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge. Cream Cheese Spaghetti

Its time again for the Crazy Cooking Challenge. This month we were set out to find the best red sauce spaghetti recipe and share it with the world :) I had so many to choose from and they all looked so good. I mean who doesn't love spaghetti? Its the ultimate comfort food and throw on some cream cheese and fried onions and you are pretty much in heaven lol. My family LOVED this and we have made it twice already its so good. I was worried that this recipe would be posted by a few people on the challenge this month because it seems to be very popular out in the blog world right now and so I kept it to myself and tried a few other spaghetti recipes. But I kept coming back to this because it was that good. If you have not already made this for dinner you need to do it tonight. Trust me you will love it.. I got this recipe from salad-in-a-jar.com She has an amazing blog and I could spend hours on it looking at all the food that I want to try. So here it is my Crazy Cooking Challenge recipe for March . 


8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 large can spaghetti sauce (26.5 ounces)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/3 cup chopped onions
8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons milk
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
French Fried Onions (small can)

1.Cook spaghetti according to directions on the package. Cook to al dente, drain and set aside.
2.Brown ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and heat.

3.Combine onions, peppers and butter in small glass bowl. Cover and microwave 4 minutes on HIGH until soft.

4.Add cream cheese and milk to vegetables and stir well. (If cream cheese is not soft, nuke it for 20-30 seconds to make it easy to spread.)

5.Using a 10 x 6 dish, assemble in the following order:
6.Thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
7.Spaghetti
8.Cream cheese/vegetable mixture
9.Spaghetti sauce
10.Parmesan Cheese (amount subject to your own taste)

11.French Fried Onions (added during last 5 minutes of cooking)
12.Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with French Fried onion and continue baking 5 more minutes. (This is the secret ingredient–don’t let them burn.)



Photobucket



6 comments:

  1. Yum! I am digging how a bunch of us went with cream cheese spaghetti recipes :) I absolutely loved the addition of cream cheese in mine {#11}

    I really like the method to this recipe!

    Stopping by from CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fried onions on top! YUM!
    #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Italian. I've made pasta thousands and thousands of times. My Italian mother made it thousands and thousands of times. Why in the world have we never heard of adding cream cheese to our pasta? Such a good idea.... and a popular one too - this is like the 10th CCC recipe that includes cream cheese. I guess I've been living under a rock.

    I hope you'll stop by and visit my CCC - #75 Spaghetti Pie

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream cheese spaghetti is one of my family's favorite meals! Love this!

    Hope you had as much fun this month as I did!

    #47

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, we chose the same recipe, well you know I know it's fantastic!!!!!!! new follower here, I have to, we have the same great taste, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving all the cream cheese in the dish recipes and this one does look delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)