1 3/4 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 large eggs separated
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups prepared lemon pie filling
1. For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 c sugar.
5. Gradually add 3/4 c sugar and beat until peaks are very stiff and shiny.
6. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites to batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
13. Slice cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.